Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My New Home



Pema Ts'al Monastic Institute

The Institute is a very young monastery established in March 1999 by the Venerable Acharya Lama Pema Wangdak. The school is a nonprofit education project for the children of the Mustang district of Nepal. The Mustang people are ethnic Tibetans with children who have little chance of advanced education.

Lama Pema lives in NYC and was the recipient of this year's Ellis Island Medal of Honor for his outstanding work with immigrants. I have met with him several times and discussed this endeavor I am about to undertake.

After closer inspection, I think that is laundry hanging on the fences.

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know I will be following you. This is my first following of a Blog. I find what your about to do very interesting and such an adventure. I love adventures, I ride a Harley, but what you are doing totally exceeds anything that I would ever think or dream of doing. I am excided to be following you and I will experience this thro you. Thank you for including me on you adventure.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Will be following you and learning along with you! Thanks for the ride.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete